Club Health 2011 will be held in Prague, Czech Republic. This event will bring together experts from a wide range of fields to exchange information on the latest research, policy and practice on protecting and promoting health in nightlife settings.
The CePT will take part at a parallel session dealing with National approaches to nightlife (see programme below).
The objectives of the conference include:
- To develop understanding of the impacts of nightlife activity and the necessity for creating and maintaining safe nightlife environments
- To facilitate the implementation of effective, evidence-based policies and approaches in nightlife environments.
- To improve knowledge about how nightlife behaviours and environments can be managed effectively
- To promote multi-agency partnership working and networking at a local, national and international level
The key themes for Club Health 2011 include:
- Nightlife legislation and policy
- Health and safety standards for night-time environments
- Alcohol and recreational drug use
- Violence in nightlife settings
- Training of staff, peers and others in nightlife venues
- Sexual health
- Design and management of nightlife environments
- Health interventions in nightlife settings
- International nightlife tourism
- Emerging trends in club culture
- The influence of the media on nightlife behaviours
The conference consists of plenary sessions featuring invited speakers, parallel symposia sessions of submitted papers and poster presentations. The conference opens on the afternoon of Monday 12 December 2011 for registration, introductory speeches and a welcome reception. The programme continues with plenary and parallel sessions on Tuesday 13 and Wednesday 14 December. A social programme will be provided throughout the conference.
The official conference languages will be English and Czech. Simultaneous translation will be provided throughout the conference. Abstracts must be submitted in English.